Lifelines, a Mix Media Installation
running from 18th february to 13 March
at the Salisbury Arts Centre

Laurence Rushby and the Kingfisher project present Words of Art: Lifelines, a striking installation linking poetry, visual art and sound to the architecture of the Salisbury Arts centre, a 13th century deconsecrated church.

Lifelines is an attempt to anchor the spirituality of the poems to the physicality of the place. The project has been running for the past 10 years and the words seemed to be floating in the space. It was a matter of making them visible and alive.

I used the ribbon in my last project, exploring physical , mental and social Limits. I wanted to further its life; the collaboration with the Kingfisher project was a great opportunity for me to do so, as well as try out the potential of a large scale work.

I have always been aware of the self healing purpose of my artwork.It is the first time that I have been able to express it in such a physical way.

Salisbury Arst centre, Bedwin Street, Salisbury SP1 3UT, http://www.salisburyartscentre.co.uk/, tel 01722 321 744

Comments